We have two rookie grants available for Louisiana FIRST® Tech Challenge teams (23 August 2016)
- Awarded Rookie teams will receive a $275 credit that covers the FIRST® Tech Challenge annual registration, and a $475 credit toward control system and robot parts in the FIRST Tech Challenge Storefront.
- To be awarded, a team MUST have a temporary FIRST Tech Challenge number. FLL, FLL Jr., and FRC teams are eligible but they MUST create a FIRST Tech Challenge team. FLL, FLL Jr., and FRC temporary team numbers are not valid.
- FIRST Tech Challenge rookies that have already paid for their registration are not eligible for this grant.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- School or organization name, parish, address, and type (public, private, charter, homeschool, community, etc.)
- Teacher/coach name, email, and phone, and an alternate email (e.g., a non-school email)
- Grade range of FTC team membership
- Previous FIRST experience (FIRST LEGO League, FIRST Tech Challenge, FIRST Robotics Competition) for school, teacher/coaches and students
- School demographics (Title 1 status, demographics, free or reduced lunch status)
Deadline: September 6
CLECO is offering a limited number of grants to teams in the CLECO service areaS (23 August 2016)
- These grants will cover the cost of Qualifier registration ($200) We will accept grant requests and forward them to CLECO for confirmation of eligibility, in order of receipt. Please email email@example.com with
- team number
- school/organization name
- school/org street address info
Deadline: September 30
Keep an eye on opportunities posted at the FIRST website
They currently include the need-based 2016 FIRST Tech Challenge Team Grant for rookie and veteran teams.